Friday, January 3, 2014

Favorite Things

This morning came too soon.  All snuggly and warm in my bed, it was another Monday to welcome the new week.  But, I wanted just a few more hours of z's.  Snow blankets the ground for the third day in a row.  Fog rolls in over the lake and birds chirp quietly.  It's a picturesque winter morning and the promise of sunshine and Christmas right around the corner persuades me to roll out of bed and begin my day.  The beauty of the snow and the sound of my niece also welcoming the morning, reminds me to slow down and take it all in.  

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, is how the song goes...busy shops, crowds of people bustling to buy the perfect gift, time spent with family and loved ones, which means everyone is on the GO!  It seems that each year things become more crazy and more busy, I know it does for me.    These times go by so quickly, much like high school, college, and my wedding day.  You look back and everything seems like a blur.  A little bit of advice I give myself... "Stop and Smell the Roses"!      

For me, it's the simple things in life: family, friends, you know the most important things that make life so memorable, that make me stop and count my blessings.  Which, brings me to my favorite things that make me slow down and enjoy life!

My Favorite Things

Christmas and Christmas Movies:  I could watch Christmas movies all year round.  I especially love watching them with my mom and sister.  Even though we aren't together every year for Christmas, we can watch the same Christmas movies and still feel close, a few of our favorites: Holiday Inn, Little Women, White Christmas and Polar Express.



Snow Days:  I know you probably think I'm crazy, but snow in Missouri is the best of both worlds.  It snows a little one day, sticks around for a few days, and by the time you have cabin fever, mother nature brings a warm spell and the snow melts away until the next time.  




Dogs:  Yep, my fur babies.  They bring so much joy and happiness to my life.  If you don't have a pet, get one!  Dogs teach you unconditional love and they teach children boundaries and responsibility. The unconditional love part is the best!  I can always count on my dogs to keep a secret, better yet they don't judge and are always happy to see you:)




And last but not least... Coffee:  Coffee is definitely one of my favorite things.  The love affair began in college.  Design school meant late nights and late nights meant coffee love affair!  Starbucks, I know some don't care for their coffee, but I love it and I love that they mix two of my favorite things... Coffee and Christmas!  Starbucks Christmas Blend is my all time favorite.  I look forward to it every year!


Good Tidings and Happy Holidays!

xoxo, 
Alissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment