Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Shredded Beef Tacos!

It's true there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done! One way I make life easier on myself is to use the crock pot for dinners.  I want my nights to be free!  Free to either spend time with my family or take care of other tasks around the house.  Insert the crock pot into your life and you've found the perfect solution.  In this recipe I used the oven as my "crock pot".

The recipe was passed on to me by a friend.  She had made it one night for her family and I just happened to be there when it came out of the oven. The only thing I could say was "Wow!" It was so juicy and tender and it melted in your mouth.  So, I stole the recipe and planned the perfect night to use it...a Friday night!  I knew I wouldn't want to come home from work and cook, and with a busy weekend ahead I knew there would be left overs.

What a great idea I had, because my family ate four wonderful meals from one recipe!  That's five adults eating four meals...I know I couldn't believe it either.  Even better if you don't want to eat it for five days straight you can always freeze it and use it later!  Imagine if it was just you and your husband or you and your kids...you would probably turn into a taco from the amount of beef it makes.  The best part is you don't have to do just tacos...the options are endless!  Endless I tell ya...well at least it is for those who are creative with food.  That's where I struggle, but my husband is wonderful at it:)  Here's the recipe for tacos.



And this is how it looked on our dinner table!  I just love tacos...makes your plate so colorful!
That's right!...you see strawberries on the taco.  A delicious, sweet opposition the salty beef:)

My Wonderful Husband...Ladies don't swoon too fast!

As you can see the tacos are delicious and everyone enjoyed them.  I especially liked that they could feed a large family several meals or can be frozen.  We also made home made Beef Stroganoff with the leftovers.  Boil some noodles, gluten free for us, and steam some broccoli and you have another delicious meal.

Rescue Recycle Reinvent
xoxo
Alissa



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment