Monday, July 9, 2012

Welcome, Aloha, !Hola!, God Dag!

Welcome to Hagan Home! I am EXCITED to start this new adventure and hope you all enjoy the inspiration and projects I will be blogging about.

First off I will share a little bit about my husband and myself.   I feel it only fair to include him because he is the gravy to my mashed potatoes...lol!  Without him a lot of these projects would have taken a few attempts and lot more time.

(my husband, our dog Sage and me on our wedding day. September 25th, 2010.  Almost two years!)

Me:  My background, schooling, is in Interior Design.  I attended the University of Missouri, Columbia where I earned a Bachelors of Science in Human Environmental Studies, with an emphasis in Interior Design and a Fine Arts Minor, emphasis in photography.  I have always been the art loving and crafty type.  I enjoy the outdoors and have expanded my design skills to landscape design as well.  My favorite or most passionate thing about design today is turning old into new.  I also enjoy designing for champagne taste on a beer budget!

My husband (Ian):  Ian earned his Bachelors degree in Construction Management from the University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg.  He is very skilled in wood working and is an avid hunter.  He currently works for a construction company as a Project Manager overseeing large construction projects like schools, churches and jails...Funny combination:)  One of his dreams is to have an at home wood shop, where he can build fine, custom, furniture and sell it!  You will love some of the pieces he has built...they are amazing and beautiful!


Together:  We are unstoppable!  Our dreams is to finish remodeling our current home in about a year and sell it so that we may purchase land in the country side, build our dream home and have lots of babies... (lots of babies is my dream, haven't quit sold him on that one yet!)

We work as a well oiled machine, designing, crafting and remodeling.  Yes, we have our disagreements, often over style, finish, color and execution, but together we are better.  That's why I say "he is the gravy to my mashed potatoes"!  (He is the "reason" to my insanity!)

Currently, as mentioned before, we are slowly remodeling our home that we have owned for approximately five years.  What's left to do?   well, here is the short list... (1) remodel second bathroom, (2) finish trim work in basement, and bedrooms, (3) new interior doors and hardware (4) finishing touches.  I say the short list because this is what we HAVE to get done, the long list is what I WANT, but can live without and we can sell the house without!

To wrap it up,  this is a new adventure for a couple of rehearsed DIYers.  We hope that our projects inspire and bring happiness to your life as much as they have to ours.


Rescue Recycle Reinvent
xoxo,
Alissa



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

  1. love it! I have a champagne project on my beer budget for you! Let's talk!

    ReplyDelete